Friday, 25 June 2010

new name. new look. new design.

well, i have been thinking hard. after much evaluations, i decided to do away with 'the monkey life'. my name is mike and i like to talk, so i guess mike shouts pretty much sums it all up. my passion is in technologies and designs. i have always like drawing, and designing since young, and i shall make use of this blog site as an avenue for me to 'shout' about designs, opinions on gadgets and various other topics. don't worry, i won't burden readers with my personal gripes about life - that part will be kept lock in the attic ;)

about the logo...
i have always love the 60s & 70s American vintage look, especially on prints (ads!). i think they look awesome even till today. hence, i wanted my logo and blog banner to resemble them but with a touch of the 21st century. on top of the typeface 'mike shouts' is the official logo, yeah, that's me behind the bullhorn. it's 100% my design. i used 3 days working on the top banner, which encompassed the logo, 'mike shouts', and the 'junks'. so why the 'junks' on the banner? you know how some artist have thoughts of shapes, and some buildings, et cetera. me? the items in the 'junks', are just some of the many thoughts in my mind... at least, at the current state of mind. again, it's 100% my concept + design. i like to think & express. so here it is. last but not least, the background is of a real cardboard (some call it carton board). i just love the combination of advancement in technologies with natural form. dream.

that's it for now. in meantime, take care and live life to the fullest. live life because you wanted to, not because you have to, yah? cheers! ;)

concept sketch for the 'junks'.

No comments: